The e-Learning modules will guide national TB programs (NTP) and technical partner staff who support evidence-based decision-making in high-TB-burden settings through the National Strategic Plan (NSP) development process using the Patient-Centred Framework (PCF) methodology. The e-Learning courses will feature interactive modules consisting of knowledge checks to measure comprehension and application, a module summary, and pre- and post-tests. The courses will also include references, a glossary, and job aids.
The courses are needed to build the capacity of TB programs at the national and subnation levels to those using the Patient-Centred Framework (PCF) approach at national and subnational levels, for TB programming while promoting stakeholder participation, Additionally, this learning program will continue to serve and the continued development of the Knowledge Hub as a critical resource for knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
The primary users are:
- Technical Specialists—National and sub-national Tuberculosis Programs in countries; and
- Standard users—Implementers supporting the NTP (national and international)
The course offerings are expected to expand the content offered to target audiences of:
- Experts—TA providers and Trainers; and
- Other relevant stakeholders, including funders
After completing the eLearning course, People-Centred Framework for TB Programming, learners should be able to:
- Describe the Patient-Centred Framework
- Implement the PCF process
- Combine local and global evidence to synthesize and analyze data and identify National TB Program problem areas and solutions.
Basic Prerequisite Skills and Knowledge
Courses will be designed to meet the needs of a target audience with basic computer skills and experience. Learners who will complete these courses should be able to:
- Use a computer and/or smartphone.
- Read and understand spoken English (translation into other major languages will be aimed for in future iterations)
The prerequisite skills and knowledge are a basic knowledge of and/or experience with:
- Budget and meeting planning
- Country’s data system, how and where data is stored
- Country’s body of evidence for the TB program
- Basic Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) concepts
Module 1: Introduction to the PCF for TB Program Planning
Module 2: Overview of Planning and Preparation for PCF Process
Module 3: Introduction to TB Data Consolidation
Module 4: Data Consolidation
Module 5: Patient-Pathway Analysis (PPA)
Module 6: National Consultation
The learning paths are based on a combination of the learning modules above and user types. Each learning path will be considered a course and begin with a pre-test and conclude with a post-test.
All courses will have:
- Knowledge Checks
- Course Resources
- Course Wrap Up